Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Go Ahead and Ask Me

Being as tall as I am, I frequently get asked two questions: 1) How tall are you? and 2) Do you play basketball? In fact, I get asked that question so many times that Grace was gracious enough to make me a shirt that has the answers on it.

Now when I respond to the question they ask me why I don't play for the college, to which I usually respond with something like this: "I wanted to focus on getting my education." The men usually respond with a look of disappointment and the women with a enthusiastic "good for you!"

Although hearing the same questions over and over again can get tiresome, it's often countered with a lot of funny gifts. People often find tall things that they want to show me, like this comic strip:
Short Man - "Play a lot of hoops?"
Tall Man - "I prefer to get my exercise chasing people who ask me that."


and this awesome, chocolate bunny:

Things like this make me happy to be my size... also I can reach a lot of things in high places, like the cookie jar on the top shelf :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I agree that the basketball question is pretty dumb.
I would ask "do you hit your head on door posts a lot?"
or
"what do I look like from way up there?"

Anonymous said...

I gave you a measly comic strip, and someone else gave you a chocolate bunny???
I am such a loser.